28 January 2008

Global "Warning"

When I am asked to explain something to *Mila*, I don't hesitate to consult my higher sources. These would be Google and my University textbooks that are botany collections and entomology experiments all rolled into one. Just because they've been hanging around so long that the spiders have moved in. Oh, never mind.

Today the question was "What is Global Warming?" Okay. Lucky for me, I spent 7 years at University trying to get a 3 year degree. I can rhyme two processes off my tongue pretty well still. One is photosynthesis and the other is, ahem, global warming. Remember, I am a dinosaur and studied global warming before it was actually happening. Or at least before they admitted it was happening. Where we are with our planet right now, textbooks, computer models and University professors did not anticipate this current stage until around 2030 or so. Like Mr. Gore tells us, this whole global warming thing is accelerating, rapido!

What's funny is how a 4 year-old can get other things involved into the whole scenario. Take for example the main culprit of global warming, my brother's beloved dog. I guess the whole idea came to her when we talked about cows contributing to global warming with their release of methane. I had to make it funny for her. Sunny has a bit of a reputation for stinking up a room. Don't worry, her tree solution will solve it.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails