17 January 2008

It Never Happened


This is great...So, after a day of *Mila* being deathly ill, *Steve* not believing her and chalking it up to her aspiring Hollywood career, this is what transpires. *Mila* sleeps almost the whole day. Waking up only to take one sip of gingerale and gaze starry-eyed at the ceiling for 5 minutes. *Mila* wakes up and decides that she feels better. So we head down to her favourite spot in front of the 55" tv and she commands the shows, a bowl of crinkly Lays, and 40 oz. of gingerale. I remind her to take little sips and I stick my supper in the oven. I come back downstairs, take a long sigh and whammo! There it is kid barf everywhere. She nailed the couch, the dog, my sweater, my pants. We are still in the basement. "Get upstairs, kiddo", I remind her calmly that it is okay and "Don't look at your jammies!" Yes, I was calm. Me. Calm. She continued to splatter the stairs and we lost the dog. She burped and blat! "Get into the bathroom." Why do kids scream and cry when they throw-up? Why? Stop crying! After all was said and done, I used some eau de lysol on everything and away we go upstairs for a bath. Now she's screaming because the bathtub is going to overflow. In 2009, maybe! I do the laundry, get her tucked into her bed and play with her Strawberry Shortcake dolls. All the while, Tempra takes over and off she goes to la-la land. Me? I'm still playing with Tea Blossom and 2 Strawberry Shortcakes. I call *Steve* to say he better take a cab from the GO station as she's in no shape to drive down to get him. Time elapses from 6 to 7. She awakens after her little nap. She's revived and 100% better. Seriously. No fever, no barf, no snot. Just like normal and with that comes that chitter chatter blibber blabber. No! Stay sick! Please, just 5 more minutes. *Steve* walks into the door after the miracle child has recovered and she dashes down the stairs as if it were just another Wednesday night. OMG! All day long, sick like sick. And her Dad comes home and she's better. It's like it never happened.


signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails