18 January 2008

Style File


This summer our neighbours had a garage sale and of course I lost my husband and daughter to the smell of musty books and painter's tape marked with jiffy markers. This kiddy rocker was one thing that they brought home. It was a neighbour's when he was a small boy and I'm not sure what the connection is to the Ontario Department of Lands & Forests. I assume that this is now the Ministry of Natural Resources. Originally I had planned on painting it a shade of vanilla milkshake or spider's web. But I couldn't live with myself covering up these stickers on the back. The neighbour claims they were always there and I'm only guessing at their vintage dating back to the '50s. I'm not a candidate for the next Canadian Antiques Roadshow.

Why were farms needing trees and more trees, but there were plenty of trees for fuelwood?

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails