05 January 2008

Flags of the World


We have been teaching *Mila* the flags of the world. I asked her if she knew that provinces had flags as well. She decided to draw a flag for Nova Scotia. How she knew that Nova Scotia was a province? I'm not sure she's even aware of what province she lives in...but she knows that Gramma and Grampa live in it. I ran downstairs while she drew it so I could let our heartless, inconsiderate mutt inside and there she was trying to write out Nova Scotia. I didn't write it in for her until afterwards. "N-O-F-A". Pretty close. We're still wondering if that is an upside down F or not. Clever, to say the very least.

Here is the second flag:

This time I described the B.C. flag for her. "It has a sun on it with rays coming out". She realizes that she wrote BC backwards. Just her way of getting all the letters on the page. Backwards or not. I just love how she gave the sun sunglasses and pink hair.


Last, but not least is Korea. Why Korea? I'm not sure. I was drawing Madagascar at the time for her.






signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails