20 January 2008

Let me entertain you


Where the heck is *Steve*? I have used up every box of Kleenex in this house to sop up my nose excretions. *Mila* recovered within 12 hours of a 24-hour flu and I've had it for a week. If this was a "man-cold" there would be constant care and an endless supply of cough syrup and tissues. I get sick, we run out of tissues, and *Steve* picks up a bottle of Buckleys for me. Have you tried it? The commercials claim it work. Maybe. If you don't have a "sensitive gag reflex". I have tried and more Buckleys has landed itself in the flushes of Lake Ontario than it has in my digestive tract. I cannot take it. It looks like snot and tastes like I don't know what. Where is my ACTIFED?????!!!!! For those of you who do not know, Actifed was also referred to as "I CAN'T SLEEP!!! I AM GOING TO KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T TURN OFF THAT T.V." sleepy night time medicine. That was before T.V. had stereo sound, a remote control, and channels past 13. Here I go again, talking about my Hyper-Sensitive Disorder (HSD). I can hear my neighbour walk over and turn on his T.V. and tune into his channel. No, our walls are not paper thin. I can probably hear what the employees at the local Canadian Tire are talking about right now if the "Magic School Bus" wasn't so loud. It's like having rabbit ears on top of my head.
Hence, my dilemma of the day. I am sick and I am still having to dig out paints, large sheets of paper, make puppets from vegetables, you name it. If this was a "man-cold", I would be allowed to stay in bed, not vacuum, not cook, not have to share the couch/bed with a dog, nor have to watch the "Magic School Bus".
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails