08 January 2008

I have a "crush" on David Suzuki

Not like that. No. Like this: He's made an impression on everyone in this house. This week, *Mila* confronted me about wasting electricity by leaving the light on in the bathroom. Not really sure that I actually did this. But my lecture was something like this: "Were you using this bathroom this morning? Because you left the light on and you realize that you are wasting electricity by leaving the lights on? If you waste electricity, then the ice will melt and all the polar bears with die!" Yes, she is not quite 4 and Mr. Suzuki has taught her well. I grew up watching him on the "Nature of Things" on CBC. While at times it was boring and I opted for reality shows later in life to escape the real reality that exists outside of my warm and cozy house, it is important to our survival on this planet. I'm not going to get all granola on you and tell you that need to eat tofu, wear sandals in the winter with socks (what does that have to do with being a hippie?), or turn off all your lights for 16 hours a day in the sub-arctic. No, just this. Take the David Suzuki Nature Challenge. It will do you no harm. Okay, and replace 2 light bulbs this month with compact fluorescents. Oh and increase your meatless meals by 2 this week. Don't forget to turn off your lights when you leave the room. Lastly, make sure you sign up for Earth Hour. Leonardo DiCaprio is depending on you!

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails