08 November 2007

Where Vegetarians store their cookies



When you are through with storing, marinating and eating the rotting flesh of an animal, there are things you must do with the associated Tupperware. So, I store my cookies in them.



And what better way to get rid of some old candy corn than with cookies. I have to divulge here and now that I had to phone my mom and check it out with her. "Hi Mom. Me again. Have you ever made cookies with candy corn? No? Okay. Yes. Alright. Okay. I'll try that." I should have asked her about cherry licorice Nibs as well. Too late. So, I used my tried and tested chocolate chip recipe. Some with candy corn, some with Nibs, some with chocolate chips and candy corn together. And guess what? They are good. Not exceptionally good. Not better than the chocolate chip. But an adequate way of removing something from the junk cupboard without having to chuck it into the green bin.

My new recipe:
CANDY CORN COOKIES
1/2 cup margarine (I use Becel with olive oil omega3 and I always add more)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (or less)
1 cup flour
about 2 doz. candy corn OR
1 cup chocolate chips (1/2 milk chocolate & 1/2 white chocolate)

Just plop the candy corns on top (I did 2 per cookie) and bake the darn things in your oven at 350 for about 10-12.

We did a little day trip to my brother's and enjoyed the company of his dog. The dog is really sweet, don't get me wrong. But *Steve* put it really well like this "I bet we could walk in here, take the dog and he'd just go on with life with us, without skipping a beat." I bet he would. But, who could resist his big slobbering tongue, his odorific rear end, and his extra appendage that keeps popping out.

I won't have anything to write about tomorrow if this keeps up. This was our craft today. Three clown ladies, one mad lady and a sad one. Look at the bloody fangs and evil eyes. How about the tears pouring down the cheeks of the sad lady? Classic expressions if you ask me.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails