09 November 2007

She comes by it honestly




Waking up to the pitter patter of feet is one thing. In my house, I heard the tip, tap, clunk clatter of dress-up heels. When you are 3, you get out of bed, grab your teddy bear, blankies (notice the plural here) and don your latest heels. I wouldn't dare walk down two levels of this house in heels. Especially on the crooked and slanted wood stairs to the basement. Brave, that's what I call it.

Now, this is the part where I have to give my little girl a pseudo-blog-alias. She's got the same name as a port city of Nova Scotia and Australia, blonde hair and blue eyes like Cinderella, wears heels throughout the entire day, loves the colours pink and purple in all shades and tones, and I could go on. After all this, she told me she wants to have the name "Lassie". She keeps insisting that it is a little girl's name and not a dog's name.

Me: How about a different name?
Her: I would choose "Lassie".
Me: But sweetheart, there are so many names. Lassie?
Her: No. "LASSIE!"
Me: How about if I use the name Mila for you?
Her: NO! "LASSIEEEE!!!"


CBC Kids has a new show based on the Richard Scarry books and characters. Who didn't love Richard Scarry books as a kid? All those great animal characters. Everything was so neatly labeled in his books. I love labeled things. I should make labels and but them on everything in this house. Brings me back to my grocery store childhood. My second home was the grocery store my parents owned and operated. We used to ride the conveyor belt up and down to the haunted basement. There was a strange rectangular shaped hunk of concrete that had been placed in the basement floor as if someone or thing were buried under it. Everyone who was in that basement felt watched from behind the old freezer down there. Anyhow, back to Richard Scarry. This show is only 15 minutes long and as *Mila* tells me "Oh, I just LOVE it", hear that expressed as a 55 year old cosmopolitan NY'er would say it. Seriously.

After that show, on comes Cory Bowles from the "Trailer Park Boys" narrating for the kids' show "Poko". Yes, Cory as in 'Cory & Trevor' fame. And if you've ever watched the "Trailer Park Boys" you know that imagining Cory on a kids' show is absurd. Now, I'm craving a good Conky episode. If you are unfortunate enough to be living in the U.S. with a weak dollar and a lack of "Trailer Park Boys", I hope this will cheer you up. Ladies & Gentlemen, Trailer Park Trash, I present to you The "Trailer Park Boys". TA DA!
I need to get this jersey for my brother. It's too bad that they don't sell the 'Season 5 Ricky Hounds tooth button-up shirt' or I'd be all over that like Lucy.

I'll end it here.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails