16 November 2007

You are what you drive


Classifying people based on the car they drive is easy and not a new concept. It has become a nasty habit of mine lately. I find myself commenting on "Land Rover Mommy" or "Minivan Mom" or my all time fave, "Volvo Power Struggle Mom". We take on a different persona based on our vehicle, don't we? I think if I drove a 1/2 tonne truck I'd wear blue jeans every day and my sweatshirts would come out of hiding and make it downtown on a weekday. If I drove that snazzy BMW that *Steve* wants so badly, my hair would be plastered much closer to my head, my teeth would sparkle and I would say "Now now dear" to *Mila*. What if I drove a station wagon? Just what if? I'd wear the occasional jean, I'd try hard to plaster my hair down , but it would fly away, I'd layer sweater after sweater on both me and my child and my dog would slobber on the window. And that would be me, "Ford Focus Wagon Cool Dude Mom". I still think I'd be the envy of all other mothers if I had a Mazda CX-7, but I can't chat on my cell and drive. In fact, my "cell-o-phone" is part of *Mila's* dress up box when she pretends to be "Land Rover Mommy". She also wears her yoga wear and says "I have to go" an awful lot. I'm very bad, I know.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails