12 November 2007

Did you get the TV?



*Steve*: "I went to Best Buy today and got a new 55" TV."
Me: "Gulp. What?"
*Steve*: "Do you believe me?"
Me: "Not when you ask me if I believe you."
*Steve*: "Did you buy it for me?"
Me: "No, I put it in my cart and then removed it."



Today we found ourselves yet again in the mall. This time they had the wildest and loudest music on in every store. JT was blasting "Bring Sexy Back" in Dollarama. And I think it was Elvis that sparked *Mila* to start shaking her bootie and doing the cutest little hand movements and head twitches in Zellers. This woman walked up behind us and stood in front of the Polly Pocket section and we were forced out. I was almost ready to pull out my social justice card and start telling her "We were here looking at the Polly Pockets first so back off and let the little girl look". That's when I noticed *Mila* grooving out to Elvis and twitching away with all these moves. I don't know where they came from. She wasn't the least bit bothered that we were in a department store and people were watching her. Dance as though no one is watching. Fortunately, the Polly Pocket hog was amused and she started to giggle with delight at *Mila*. It was priceless. Like the moment in the car last week when *Mila* asked us "Do you want to see me roll my eyes?" We said sure and hoped for the best. It was the cutest thing. She sat there all strapped in and gave us a blank stare. Then her eyes moved to the left and then to the right. Not a roll. A glare, then a glance. We burst into laughter and *Mila* was not the least bit impressed with us. She burst into tears. We hurt her tender feelings. She really thought she had accomplished it and we mocked her. Her Dad and I deserved a good punishment after that one. So, *Steve*, I'm sorry, there will be no TV. And I passed by that new sweater at the mall today.

signed, the willow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails