01 November 2007

Your word for the day is TENT



"Mom, do you know what T-E-N-T spells?"

Um, okay. This is usually the spot where I have to spell it out loud again to make sure it is in fact a word or count vowels in my head to see if it is even worth trying to recite the word of the day.

"No honey, what does it spell?"

"It spells 'tent'. I learned it on 'Word World' this morning."

Inside my head I am composing myself before I can say a word. Something like this:

Ahem! Excuse me. You are learning to spell from TV? How is that humanly possible? Especially when large headed creatures like Dora are yelling at you in broken Spanish? Sure, I learned how to count to 10 in Spanish thanks to you learning from that girl who hangs out with that cleptomaniac fox that she's constantly rescuing from the evil grips of some elf trapped inside a bottle. Why bother saving the clepto fox? He's constantly ripping Dora off. Ok, that's another story.


"That's fabulous! You learned that T-E-N-T spells tent. I am so proud of you."

After all, you wanted a happy ending. Don't we all?

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails