14 May 2008

Tumultuous

The past few weeks with you, little girl, have been tumultuous. I never expected this to be easy. We aren't easy people. You didn't sleep throught the night when you were a baby, neither did I. You have trouble sitting still, I have trouble sitting still. Your dad has no trouble sitting still. Keeping a note in front of me reminds me to not blow your self-esteem by describing you as acute or intense. But you ARE instense and I love you for that. Hey, your dad loves me for my intensity too. It's all good.

Your social skills are really developing and I'm proud of how outgoing you are. You lean towards the dramatic at times and while I think you'd make it big in Hollywood, I figure I'll keep you to myself for now. I just wish you could harness that energy that builds up inside you and take it to the playground instead of standing on the doorstep and screaming in anguish as if I ripped your toenails off one by one. If I listen hard enough to my childhood memories, I think I can still hear my own mother say the words "Just settle down!" Well, okay maybe we both screamed those words at our daughters. This isn't easy. And some days I feel like each week, month and year it gets harder. The best part for me has been the hardest lesson I've ever learned, persistence. Sure I was persistent before with getting my way. I had it down to a craft. This is different. It's not giving up and sometimes it means not giving in. You are a litle charmer with your Dad and I. The nicest part of this blog is that you ask me to read you what I wrote about you today. How cool is that? You are now reciting Shakespeare to me and you are reveling in learning more about famous artists like Matisse. I love learning with you and sharing all these experiences and I'm not ready to share you with the world, I'm sorry for that.

*Mila*, you will go far in this world. Because you are an artist, an athlete, an actress, a friend, an animal lover, an environmentalist, a singer, a dancer, a swimmer, a gymnast, and a kool kat!

Thanks for taking me to Niagara Falls for Mother's Day. I love you.

signed, your mother, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails