15 May 2008

"Do you remember the girl...

"Mom, do you remember the girl who took all the cookies?"



My response: "Yes. I do. I remember her. I also remember a lot of other girls who took all the cookies. And do you know what, *Mila*? You'll meet many a girl who will take your cookies and your toys and your clothes and your boyfriends away. The cookies don't matter. We can make more cookies. The toys, well that's slightly different. We probably don't want those toys any more, now that they have been destroyed by the girl. And the clothes? Well, we can replace those too. Although, I'd prefer to just buy clothes for you and not for your quote-unquote friends. As for the boyfriends...AHEM. Well, if boyfriends let themselves get "stolen" you don't need them, as they can be replaced even easier than the cookies. *Mila* when you get to be older, the cookies will become ideas or original thoughts. You'll think that you have a great idea and you'll express it to someone. Before you can say Marty, Lawrence and Shag are your uncles, that idea has now become theirs. But don't worry. This is the part where Karma kicks in."

"Oh yeah, I know all about that mom. Dad told me all about Karma!"








Ok, Craftable Thursday is all about the art of writing this week. And by the art of writing I mean the presentation of it as well as the embroidering of the words. (How cool did that just sound?) The Lady of the Lake has been kind enough to publish one of her works of art and give me a copy. While I will suffer grief for just posting it here, I want the internet to know that it is more than just her words that wax poetic. She has a knack of weaving it together tightly into chapbooks. I'm looking forward to more of her publications and her next series on Altered Books. She may not think of herself as an artist or a writer, but it's time the internet did. Welcome to the internet Lady of the Lake. Please be gentle with her, internet.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails