05 May 2008

HELP...I need somebody...not just anybody...HELP

Really now, I don't need help. In fact I chose to entertain 4-year-old *Mila* in the bath by writing out random words from the Beatles' song "HELP" and then I had to sing it to her. She followed up with taking bath crayons and scribbling all over the tiled wall and the tub. She said that restaurant ladies always scribble when they take your order. Imagine. How fancy? I remember my family wondering about me when I would play "waitress" for hours on end. I didn't get any where near being a waitress. Simply because I would have burnt their laps with steaming hot coffees, dumped orders over the heads of belligerent gentlemen whose eyes wandered where they shouldn't have, and I probably would have taken out my frustrations behind the scenes on the chef who would have knives between his/her toes and plates of pasta dumped near his/her feet. So, no I didn't make it into the restaurant industry. I'm thinking of just staying away for a few more years as well.
Today's recipe:
University Rice
While studying for many exams, I relied heavily on cheap carbo-meals. You know the type, Mr. Noodles, Ramen Noodles, Ichiban Noodles, Kraft Dinner, etc. This was one that I cooked up near the end of my sentence at U of M.
2 cups cooked rice
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2-3 tbsp water
soya sauce
ranch dressing
Mix in a small bowl rice vinegar, water and sugar. Take cooked rice while it's still hot and add rice vinegar mixture. Stir till all rice is coated. You may need to add more or less water. Top off with soya sauce and ranch dressing. Stir again. Eat while you read over about the reproduction of gametophytes for the 900th time this semester. Try to enjoy it.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails