06 May 2008

Once in a while I am allowed to feel sorry for myself




Not going to blame anything or anyone for my mood today. I am finding myself strapped with a child tethered to my waist. Not just today, every day is turning out to be like this lately. If for one second I walk away from my post to pour myself a cup of java, a summoning voice is heard screaming in a panic "MOMMY! MOMMY!" Ok, calm down child, I am in the kitchen stirring my coffee. Nothing has changed since I said I was going down to get a coffee. I didn't just radically change my plans and decide to head out to the local pub and get plastered. Nope. I am still here tethered to you! Not to worry, I won't be going anywhere because if I did you would let the entire county of Flamborough know.


Finding yourself at the Liquor Store just to snag one of their delicious magazines must be a crime. Last night, *Steve* proclaimed his thirst on the way home from his train pick up and so we were outside of the LCBO parking when I said "GET ME FOOD & DRINK. ME NEED FREE MAGAZINE." How lucky we are in the entire province of Ontario, we can share the "Food & Drink" magazine. No matter how rich, no matter how poor, no matter what corner of the province we live in, no matter how drunk or sober we are -- we are all free to enjoy the "Food & Drink" mag.

Our walk this morning was meant to relax us and free us from the grey sky, the tethered waistlines, the SUV that cut us off and the BMW that rode our tail down the hill. But instead I brought my camera to share with you "STYLE TUESDAY".
Overheard in a suburban house: "My, your floor looks lovely. I really love how you decorated the place. It's nice to see someone really use their taste and style with such a classic flair. Lucky for you to be able to afford to do such a reno on your house."
Overheard on the nature trail close to where the moron dumped his/her garbage: "Can afford to do a reno, but can't afford to ditch your garbage, huh? I guess I'll find out if we can get some pitch in bags and clean up your mess for you. Thanks for leaving it for us to look at. Now we'll know that when we see you drive down here and park at dusk with your giant-gas-guzzling-SUV that you are not in fact teenagers up to no good. No, you are adults up to no good."
."

Overheard in a suburban neighbourhood lawn near us:

"Great sod you just put in! I love the landscaping you did. Must have cost you a fortune!"
"Yeah, it cost us a bit. Now I'm going to have to apply some synthetic pesticides and herbicides to protect my precious lawn. Then I have to go and ditch my leftovers."

Overheard beside the dumping spot on the road where the sod now lies: "Um, dork...you know if you would have walked 10 feet to your right, there was bare black earth begging for some grass and vegetation since it was recently ripped up. Did you ever think to ditch your sod there? How about doing something more constructive with your waste? Give it to a neighbour. Give it to a parkland. Return it to the store. Think outside of your SUV. Or can you? Maybe the gas fumes have gotten to your already puny brain."

Just want to add that Dooce (aka Heather B. Armstrong) will be on the Today show tomorrow morning (Wednesday, May 7th) and I think we should all watch her, Queen of the Blog.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails