26 May 2008

On the Table Tonight




Since it is usually just *Mila* and I for dinner, I have to come up with different vegetarian meals that we both will eat. Usually it turns into "Can I have coloured noodles?" or "Can I have Kraft Dinner?" or "Can I have shell noodles?". I'm going out on a limb tonight and we'll see if she will eat this. We are going ovenless tonight as it is about +32 degrees Celsius with the humidex. I'm sure I can start that pot of Kraft Dinner soon.
Couscous for Girls on a Hot Hot Night

1 cup cooked organic couscous (2/3 cup dry couscous, 1 cup water - follow the pkg directions)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, cilantro or parsley
4 green onions minced
1 red (or orange or yellow) bell pepper, finely chopped
1 English Cuke finely diced
1 pint of cherry tomatoes - halved
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes diced
Cook the couscous and set aside. I like to add a bit of veggie broth here or a tsp of butter to it while it sets. Let it cool.

Chop up veggies and combine with lemon juice, olive oil and spices. Mix together and call it a meal. You can also add cooked chickpeas for some protein punch!
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails