20 May 2008

Pentimento

I have managed to squeeze these puppies in here before, so I do apologize. These represent years of Pentimento to me. Don't you just love that word? Certain words can evoke certain feelings. Just as the scent of vanilla makes my sister-in-law gag, or how the song "Hard to Say I'm Sorry" by Chicago burns images of boys grabbing girls bums at Grade 8 dances. Yes, the ubiquitous Bum Dance! I cringe when I hear that song and I can still smell the gym on a cold June night in Northern Ontario. Please make it stop, it's suffocating me!

Anyhow, these canvasses hung in my first home. Which later became my first marital home. On them I pasted wooden letters that read "DARE TO DREAM" in a wine coloured Times New Roman font. I have since jumbled the letters around and used "READ" on a small canvass for *Mila* and "ART MODE" on my craft table. The letters came from Michaels in a two pack, so I did my best to make use of each letter and I think the O was actually a zero, as there was a shortage on "O"s at the time. Everyone was busy spelling out "SCRAPBOOK" in Winnipeg. One day, I tired of the "Dare to Dream" quote that was becoming slightly too "poopular" for my tastes, so I tried my hand at a sequential painting. I like them. And I have sheets to match them too!
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails