15 May 2008

Miss Smarty Pants


Bragging moment here as a mother. I am allowed once in a while to blog it and the nice thing is I can now etch it into the internet's grey matter forever as well too.

Last night during story time, *Steve* and I let *Mila* pretend to be our mother reading us bedtime stories.

She read us Go Dog Go quite well until I asked her "How do you spell the number three?" And she put down the book and went over to her bookshelf and pulled out a bedtime story book and flipped through a few pages and calmly looked at this particular page, "Oh, here it is. Yes. Three. T-H-R-E-E."

It was as if she had memorized where that book was, where the story was and what page the numbers were spelled out onto stepping stones and which stone read "three", as there were no numbers illustrating the words. Thank you for being so smart, Miss Smarty Pants. I love you.


signed, Mommy Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails