28 July 2008

Welcome to Canada we eat Poutine

If there is a way to make poutine vegetarian, I will find a way. I have this argument all the time with *Steve*: "GRAVY COMES FROM MEAT" Well it does at KFC I'm sure. So I picked up a package of Vegeta (watch out for the MSG) which makes my Croatian husband perky. From this I can whip up a quick gravy. Or IKEA sells a lovely cream sauce that goes with their meatballs. This is what I chose for dinner last night.

1 package of spicy frozen McCain's fries
1 package of IKEA cream sauce
1 cup cold water
1/2 cup cream
1 cup of shredded mozzarella

Bake your fries for about 20 minutes at 425 F. Shred your mozza and while you continue to wait for the fries to cook, make your gravy. The easy way is to put the water and the cream in a pot and boil it. Once boiling, add the IKEA cream sauce and let simmer for 3 minutes. Stir well. When all is cooked, put fries on a plate, top with mozza and pour your cream sauce on top. Sprinkle on the salt and pepper and enjoy. This should make you enough for about 4-6 large portions. Do not blame me for the calories.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails