26 July 2008

Environmental Working Group

I triple dog dare you to go down to your local KFC and order a veggie burger. I tried to tonight since PETA sent me some coupons to receive a free veggie burger with the purchase of one of these fine meatless specimens and the answer to my question was this: "HUH? We don't even sell burgers." Okay hillbillies. I understand that the concept of working in the food industry strips out all of your ethical bones but bear with me. I think you are missing the point and obviously she missed the PETA protest that day too. So I went home burger-less and happily ate my kidney bean, rice, guacamole and salsa wrap that contained way less fat, more protein and did not involve sitting beside the smelly family that jumped out of the back of that camper and hadn't showered for a week.

So, where was I? Oh yeah right HERE. This is the Environmental Working Group. They are the most excellent resource of information and news regarding the anthropocentric impact of chemicals in the environment. Sorry, we are only here for ourselves aren't we? Use their Tuna Calculator, find safe cosmetics that aren't tested on animals, and opt for the kiwis instead of the peaches due to their pesticide in our produce report. The world is a scary place and we have to just start admitting it and doing something about it. Today is gone. We have fewer and fewer tomorrows for our children. If you don't have children, go get some or stare at this picture for a really long time and think about who is harmed.....and yes she is floating like that. She's my Indigo Child.



Heck, if she doesn't make you want to change your ways (because you have heard her scream over a bandaid) then maybe my friend from Sioux Lookout (click on Sioux Lookout to see why my hometown is now so famous - thanks Wikipedia) that now lives at Mountsberg might threaten you the same way his habitat has been threatened and is now living his last years in a cage.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails