23 July 2008

Peel the Bandage Quick


The past few weeks have been delightful and yet very painful at times. It would seem that *Mila* has developed an anxiety that involves bandages. This would include putting them on and having them removed. While I have struggled with her over changing a band-aid, I've been pushed into a cabinet, been screamed at and pretty much lost my mind and went to 'Crazytown'.
I've peeled the band-aid quick. I've distracted while peeling it off or putting it on. Each time it involves me losing my mind. At one point I videotaped our interaction over the bandage. I found that my reaction to her crying and screaming was a bit over-exaggerated, so I digress.
One day *Mila* will find herself swimming in an ocean with some uber-cute guy and she'll cut her foot on a rock. In a gesture of her date's chivalrous nature, he will attempt to bandage her foot. All the while she'll be kicking him in the shins and shoveling sand into his face. So, perhaps her fear of bandages will prevent her from dating and then she'll be safe as Daddy's Little Girl.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails