27 July 2008

IKEA will be here when we return

*Mila* and I are heading up north to the land where IKEA is only dreamed about in catalogue. That's right. I will be IKEA-less for the remainder of the summer. No frozen yogurts, no quick stop for groceries at the neighbouring Fortinos and the odd cabinet at IKEA. Nope. I will have to suffer and endure the pain of the lack of IKEA.

But the good news is....I bought these 2 cabinets for my kitchen and after having a panic attack while reading the box which read the dimensions as 85 cm x 41 cm, I decided that today was the day to try and put them together anyhow. You see, I bought these horizontal cabinets to put above my dishwasher in a 79 cm wide spot. And according to *Steve* you cannot "fudge" a 6 cm difference. So, I cracked open the box and decided I would make bench seating from the two cabinets I bought. I put one together twice (since I put the back on the wrong way - with the brown side facing out instead of white) and measured it. TA-DA! It was 77 cm wide. I'm assuming that 85 cm was the width of the box itself? I don't get it. It is not like IKEA to make up measurements. It IS, on the other hand, very likely for me to buy the wrong thing at IKEA and make *Steve* return it. I heard him once say to the guys working the return desk: "Ok. So we'll see you tomorrow?" True. And I did send him back the next day with something. I swear to you that I could probably just go down to IKEA buy something, put it together and have *Steve* return it for the sheer fun of it all. IKEA furniture unpacking and assembling is like the thrill of the "hunt" for me. Not that that was a good analogy since I do not condone hunting whatsoever. Don't even think about that! I saved a baby bunny tonight from my dog who scared the frightened thing out of the tall grasses. I'm positive that the baby bunny had endured enough in the storm we had on Saturday. It was borderline tornado.

Alright, so now I have the cabinets and they still need doors. Help me pick the doors okay? I will be painting the remainder of my cabinets WHITE and the walls in the kitchen will be painted apple white for the main wall and our backspash and countertop will be dark slate grey. I've also acquired 2 small VATTERN cabinets from IKEA for the side of the dishwasher. This little "blank" area has become the home to crayons, plastic plates, napkins, you name it. Time to hide it up with these. So which door style shall I pick. ABSTRAKT? AVSIKT? ADEL in white? LIDI? STAT? Time to vote!

signed the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails