11 July 2008

Family Vacations

These are no where near any vacation that I ever went on. As I was minus 3 years old at the time. They were about to be trashed once by my mother and I think I rescued them from the garbage. At least that's how the memory remains in my head.
When my Dad was about to marry my mom, I guess he and a friend drove off to visit our neighbours to the south: the Americans. Yes, it is true. This is not a legend. Here is what he and his buddy found along the way in the 1968 (?) Pontiac GTO they took.

Vegas. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. See the size of that trophy? It is to cure Unser and many other of his American masculine counterparts of their manly insecurities. Also, I love how the men wear white and yellow pants in the US of A and they stay so clean. How do they do it? Must have lots of phosphates in their soaps.


Haight and Ashbury in San Francisco and Pete Fountain's in New Orleans. They like to stand on street corners and wax poetic in the States. Or so my Dad figures. He tries it out in the French Quarter with a Quebecois accent and the Cajuns run and hide. By the way, my Dad is neither French or from Quebec. I'm sure he could do a could Chretien imitation though.


Texas and a stop for some tires at the Firestone Test Centre. Do you think Andrew Firestone was born yet? (He was a Bachelor on ABC's 'The Bachelor') Is that snow?

Caesars Palace in 1968? Well equipped with Romans. I'm sure the scenery has changed there dramatically over the past 4 decades. I bet they use fake Romans now instead of these paid actors.

signed, the willow

1 comment:

  1. you must stand corrected on the '68 GTO. It was the famous '68 Firebird ! Dark green in colour and cream-coloured leather interior. Yummy !!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails