08 February 2008

My dog is talking, Gorillas are selling their art and my Voodoo is not working

This is *Mila's* pepper plant. We germinated some seeds and these 2 pepper seeds are all that are growing thus far. I'm not sure why we thought we'd be able to grow Asian apple pears from seed and it was hard explaining to *Mila* that we would not be picking apple pears off of our tree this summer unless Dad goes to the local nursery and picks up a full grown tree. Wonder how long until my black thumb squashes this. I have one plant in the house, bamboo sticks. They do well until I tamper with their very existence. Just changing the water becomes a science experiment for me. Yes, I have a B.Sc. in Botany. Like Ross Geller once said, "The only person more boring than a Paleontologist is a Botanist". I'll stick to my eco-girl-roots.


As for my voodoo, it's not working. It never usually takes THIS long. Maybe, it needs a little extra time this kick around to get the ball rolling.


My dreams are prophetic this week. I dream of someone and they call. I dreamt of 6 telemarketers and every single one called us. One was kind enough to call us at 10:39 pm and block their call. That was nice of them. It allowed me the opportunity to pick up the phone and scream at them.


Koko the Gorilla is still alive and selling her art. I can't get around to making anything to sell on Etsy, but Koko the Gorilla can? Then again, I don't have anyone picking up my poop for me in my cage. I love the story of Koko.


*Mila* took a book out for the library (actually, I picked it) on the Horses of Sable Island. It was a touching story about how some kids across Canada rescued these horses from becoming dog food.


I had the best of intentions of blogging yesterday and couldn't log on. Early in the morning I like to read dooce.com and have a coffee. I couldn't get on to her site for some reason and left it until late in the afternoon. All day I had been thinking about blogging about *Mila's* movies Cinderella 2 & Cinderella 3, since I had been sorting her movies alphabetically. I was thinking about how many bloody times we have to see Cinderella try on the shoe and get married? I have yet to see Cinderella 2, because I thought that Cinderella 3 would fill me in and Cinderella would get preggers and have a royal baby blessed by the fairy Godmother. But oh no. I click onto this. How does Heather Armstrong read my mind? The first time this happened, I laughed like this "Oh how cute, she's thinking the same as me". The second time, I sort of thought that it was a coincidence that we have the same thought patterns at the same time. Then the third time I believed it was weird. Now, I'm convinced that I have a tuner inside my head and I really am part of a very large experiment conducted by the government of Greenland. I just hope that this has something to do with Global Warming.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails