02 February 2008

Casey and Finnegan

We've all had our t.v. shows as kids that we grew up on and fondly remember. For me it was Mr. Dressup on CBC. I do remember a strange and somewhat eerie show called "Nic and Pic". More than likely it was on CBC, since we only had one channel and I'm guessing it was French dubbed into English. *Steve* watched "The Electric Company" with Morgan Freeman. For my brother, he rushed home to watch "The Forest Rangers". For my mom it was "Howdy Doody". What will the next generation remember? My nephew might remember "Barney" or "Mighty Machines". *Mila* is of the Dora generation. She'll have "Max & Ruby", "Toopy & Binoo", "Little Einsteins", "Strawberry Shortcake", "Busytown Mysteries", "Big Comfy Couch", "Numberjacks"....Will she really look back fondly and remember any one of these shows? Casey and Finnegan are in my heart forever. If I had to go live with a stranger, I had always hoped that Mr. Dressup would let me live in the treehouse behind his t.v. studio house with Casey and Finnegan.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails