25 February 2008

He met the Walrus

Last night I fell asleep before the end of the Academy Awards. I was able to record the Bravo!FACT presentation of "I Met The Walrus" on CTV. This short animated film was interesting as it was animation set to the interview with John Lennon that Jerry Levitan, a 14 year old boy at the time, had recorded in 1969. It was timeless, creative and just amazing. Jerry was Canadian and 14 when he snuck into the Toronto hotel where John & Yoko were staying and recorded an interview with John on a reel-to-reel tape. Can you imagine? Reel to Reel? If I even mentioned that to my 4 year old, she'd say "Huh? Can I have a chocolate now?". He lugged that thing in there with ease I bet. Eager to interview John Lennon, who would speak of peace and in a very contemporary manner that we, the people, are responsible for creating peace. Not the government. We elected them after all. You could have taken that conversation and related it to 2008. Setting this interview to animation was genius. It made perfect sense and 20 years from now, or 30, when *Mila* is interested in it, it will be timeless then again. But, she won't know who John Lennon is. I remember when he died and I thought he was a politician spelled Lenin, not a Beatle spelled Lennon. Then again, I was pretty sure that Casey and Finnegan did live in that treehouse out behind Mr. Dressup's house.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails