13 November 2008

Canned Laughter




I thought that after all that Jeopardy I watched while baking *Mila* in the womb would have warded off the evils of bad television. In fact, I chose Mozart instead of Strauss for soothing lullabies at night when she rocked in my arms at bedtime. So, tonight I succumbed to some corny tv. I thought it was about time she was introduced to the likes of 'Hannah Montana'. I'd tried her before with the show. We realized that some of it was over her head, but we tested her four-year-old brain for another few spells of canned laughter. She couldn't stand it. "What is this? Can we watch a different show? It's not even funny!" MuchMusic thankfully plays old episodes of "The Simple Life" with Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton. As they struggled with a vacuum cleaner sucking up the ashes of someone's loved one at the crematorium, *Mila* poured these words from her lips: "I love this show. These girls are soooo funny!" Yes, the 'Lucy & Ethel' of her generation; Paris & Nicole.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails