14 November 2008

Born at the Wrong Time?


Sometimes people find themselves attached to an era. Maybe they belonged there? Maybe they long to go back? Every morning at *Mila*'s school I meet up with a mother who feels the urge to jump into the '60s. Likely she was born then. I don't know what it is, but I too have this affinity to be a Flapper girl in the Roaring '20s. If I was there, I was having the ultimate youth. My fringed clothes and my cropped hair, my boyish figure and my curiosity for the night life. I feel as though I were there. I really feel it in my knee-knocking rebellious bones. My haircut becomes more like that of a Flapper, and I long for the boyish figure I'll never have. So instead, I covet things like this.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails