30 April 2008

Sculpt me out of clay and put me in a pink dress

Ok, I will admit. The Viking Chick on the far left is my creation. *Mila* did the other two sculptures of her and I. These shadow boxes were supposed to display kitschy little found items, but they seem to have found their true calling: holding our sculptures.



Being a vegetarian, it was hard to get serious about giving this Viking babe some horns and fur. Besides, Vikings would never have worn horns on their helmets like that. They wouldn't fit through doorways. And while they were providing equal rights for their women (as far as that time period goes), were the women wearing helmets? So see, there is no historical fact here. Just good old fashioned Viking fun.

signed, the willow



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails