24 April 2008

Make a boot tray


Next time you are at the beach, pick up a hundred rocks or so and make yourself one of these. This one belongs to the person who was supposed to be my co-blogger today. But they claim to be all like cool or something. I know. Take off, eh?

And this is mine:

What I love is how different the rocks are in the same bloody province. I grew up with granite. How boring and pink. Shades of black and grey, lined with quartz. Uh-huh boring. Now, I look at my black and white boots atop of the Lake Ontario rocks. How boring are they?

Selfishly, I should be keeping this all to myself. There are my shoes. Note my sinewy foot on the left and my flat foot on the right. As I spent 9 months of my pregnancy with Freddy Flinstone's flippers, I had to give up my size 6.5's during the 10th month of carrying that child in my belly for *Steve's* size 10 man shoes on occasion. Now, I bear these flat feet. But these toile shoes make me feel like a ballerina. I can't explain it, but I want to flex my feet and dance when I wear them. Here are those shoes at La Salle park on the recycled rubberized playground material. That stuff makes me want to fling my broken down doll body on top of it and bounce-bounce-bounce!

One more thing. I had discovered this guy last night in the land of the blog. How cool is he?
I would love to be at a dinner party, where while cruising the hors d'oeuvres table, I could bump into my brother's hockey friend, Survivorman. And hey, isn't that No Impact Man too? I could introduce them to each other. "Survivorman, have you met No Impact Man?" "Why no, Eco-Girl, I have not. Have you met Pond Girl? She's around here somewhere." Anyhow, from his blog, you can link over to a video on You Tube called "Greensumption". Very worth while.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails