13 April 2008

And the nature trail wept toilet bowls...


...and the birch tree wept pink tears - my mom


In my case, it was not the birch tree, but rather the "nature" trail that has been reconstructed behind my house that leads to and from the "eco-retail". Unfortunately, new garbage laws have come into effect in our area and have resulted in the inevitable - the random dumping of garbage. Bags of it. Discarded laminate flooring. Trim. Broken toilet bowls.

To the people who decided it would be okay to ditch their garbage by the creek: If you can afford to do a renovation on your house, then you can AFFORD to pay to dispose of your garbage responsibly. Believe me, if I find you ditching it, not only will I track you down and have some demons haunt you in the middle of the night, but I will dump the garbage back on your professionally landscaped yard! Not so far away, in a land called Northwestern Ontario, where the lakes are almost pure enough to dip your cup in and drink from, where there is land aplenty, they pay per bag of garbage! Yeah. Every bloody week. So pick up your mess, loser!

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails