07 April 2008

Saturday Posts

I am changing the subject for my Saturday posts. I try hard to think of good reasons to write about kids on Saturdays, but by Friday night I am exhausted from the week with *Mila* and I want to work on my own adventures. Therefore, I hereby change KIDS SATURDAYs into ECO-SATURDAYs! Here I can tell you all about my latest rants, raves and do-gooding.

We watched a program about this mysterious murderer that was taking the lives of hundreds of grey seals on the shores of Sable Island. The surgical like incisions and spiral pattern of flesh removed would indicate only one thing to the Marine Biologists:
a Greenland shark. The attacks were occurring mostly during the colder winter months which ruled out the great white shark. The heads of the seals were also inside of the mouth of a shark, which ruled out the blue sharks, who were too small. The theory was that the Greenland sharks with their incredulous teeth would tear the flesh off the seal around the throat region in a neatly surgical like cut. They were also large enough to have the head of the seal in their mouth. The spiral pattern was created by the seal itself as seals tend to spin in excitement or anxiety. It was phenomenal. Mostly, because of the ordeal that these scientists were going through to deduce what or who was doing this to the seals. The clincher is when they show the harbour seal pups…poster children for Greenpeace.

signed, the willow
p.s. I wrote this on a Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails