12 June 2008

Tools

I can't say I've been to Paris (France) to buy shoes, London (England) for a pint or Perth (Scotland) for a round of golf. Although I can say that I have been to all three within my own home province of Ontario.

Today I can tell you that I need tools for the trade I'm trying to pursue. Here is my working table:

Cost is under $50 for the making of this table. We purchased an old dresser from a yard sale, gave it a lick of paint, not perfectly and we knew it would need many more licks. Took out the large and decrepit drawers on the bottom and replaced them with two new melamine shelves. IKEA was where we purchased the handles in a two pack. I also purchased some striped fabric and lined the back of the table on the inside and outside. I love this table. No, really. I have an absolute attachment to it and in some way, I just want to hug it and kiss it. I should have devoted Thursdays to this craft table.

An essential tool for artsy moods, Faber Castell watercolour pencils. Yes, I know Laurentien pencil crayons are undoubtedly the best. But get a set of these for dabbling in water colours. These are from the folks at Lee Valley. One of my favourite stops. I always forget that they are closed on Sundays and I think of going to see them only on Sundays!

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails