27 June 2008

Mental Health Day




I completely lost my marbles yesterday. *Mila* has a ton of things going on and *Steve* and I have decided that it is not her "issues" that we need to deal with. It's my anxieties. As part of my Family Tree Friday, I am trying to face the demons that hide in my family tree. Part of changing what is going on is to change how I perceive things and what I can do about things. Tucked in closets and dusty corners, we all have families filled with skeletons and spiders. Some more than others. Some families have more members than others. And now-a-days, I think that if someone whimpers an ounce of "I feel sad", there are 17 drug salesmen lining up to sell a pack of Zoloft or drug-of-the-week. I'm not trying to say that we all need to sort out our problems without the drugs. But some things are manageable for some people some times.
It has taken my 36 of my 37 years to discover that I need to exercise fairly vigorously on a daily basis in order to release that serotonin that my brain cells crave. I figured it out and no, not every day is perfect. I'm sure I could use some of those drugs some days. But I choose to fight my battles this way. I will perfect my strong will.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails