03 October 2011

Webster's & Tew's


The Falls

Websters Falls





















The witch's hut







Dundas Valley


And right here our fun changed.  As we walked closer to Tew's Falls, we encountered two dogs.  Both wet and both off leash.  Suma was on leash.  So, these two moronic wet dogs (one springer spaniel, one a black lab) decided it would be fun to tease the dog on leash and get her p'd and make her tangle her leash around her kid, *mila*.  Normally I would tsk the owners and move on my way saying "Oh, don't worry.  We're okay."  Because, we were okay.  Really okay.  But what wasn't okay was that a little kid of about 2 years old was on a small narrow bridge, with no railings.  He could have been easily knocked over by the chaotic mutt and mutt that were chasing my on-leash dog.  The mother of the boy started to yell at the child, blaming him for wandering out in front of me and he could have been knocked into the creek by me.  Wait a second.  I think it's the dogs that you have to worry about.  Not the responsible mother walking with her daughter carefully across the bridge with her LEASHED dog.  So, I approached a few of these sheepish people that sat on the bridge.  Each one didn't know who owned the dog.  Weren't they together?  They all sat so intimately on this tiny bridge.  There had to be a dozen of them.  Finally, I found the owners and asked them to kindly leash their dogs as someone is going to get hurt.  

Then I felt guilty.  And then I had no more oomph.  It was time to go home.


But first, let's look at the falls....

Tew's Falls

gratuitous tree shot at Tew's Falls





signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails