11 October 2011

Hike and a Birthday

This past weekend was Thanksgiving for us in Canada and also my husband's birthday.  Here's some of the highlights.  Enjoy!




We had a little roaring fire after dinner.
 



And then there was this major sporting event that couldn't be missed!  It was the Winnipeg Jets vs. Montreal Canadiens.  I was torn being a Habs fan, but all those years I spent in Winnipeg, and they got their team back?  Sorry Montreal.  You took the win, but Winnipeg deserved those cheers!  And *Steve* parked the TV in a window so we could enjoy this beautiful weather.


Waiting for some marshmallows?


On holiday Monday, we took *Steve* for a hike.  Here he is proudly holding the caramel latte I made for him.



We packed a picnic basket filled with goodies (and candy bracelets, oddly enough) for a little tailgate party.  We turned down the wrong road, saw cars parked everywhere.  So we acted like Disney's lemmings and followed the crowd.  We thought we were lost until we spied a familiar creek.  Turned out the landmarks we  were now looking for?  Well.  We'd been there about 50 times.


The forest was utterly Carolinian and amazing.



All hardwoods and very much reminded me of a place to have a fairy-inspired wedding.



Maybe one day?




I don't even know what to say about this tree stump stripped of its cloak.  Interesting.

A place to stop and enjoy Tiffany Falls



This lady had some serious gear.  Jealous?  Yes. Until I saw that she couldn't bring a dog or child with her.  Instead she had to bring a husband to carry said gear.



This is the dog we brought.  We overheard some girls say "Oh, that's the kind of dog I want to get.  I love those dogs."  What?  Random mutts?  Croatian highland sheepdogs?  Corgi shepherd mixes?  Where have you ever seen this "type" of dog before?  Maybe here, on my blog?  I bet that's it!



He's very proud to be out on his birthday.


See?

Posing, even.



*Mila* took a call from her grandparents.







and then we let *Steve* have the camera.  Our turn.



She has my calves, and actually has ankles.






The water here is so sulfur filled, that it's grey or silvery at times.



The camo-like bark of the sycamores.

Happy Thanksgiving was had in Canada.  Aren't we smarter to do it before the snow falls?

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails