29 October 2011

Halloweenies

With Halloween around the corner, there are so many great ways to dress up and create an impression or create a fright.  For years as a kid, I almost dreaded Halloween.  I would order my mother to make me a costume, only to change the details last minute.  My costume would then be perfect, as ordered.  However, growing up in Northwestern Ontario doesn't allow for balmy Halloweens.  In fact, every Halloween I have ever remembered as a kid involved *snow*.  So, those lovely costumes?  You got it!  Covered up with a snowsuit over top.  Candy and treats weren't a novelty to me.  My parents had a grocery store.  Now, as a mother I try get excited.  I really do.  I buy the candy, eat the candy, paint the face, gather costume ideas.  But, it's begun:  the anxiety of Halloween.  *Mila* too is suffering from GLOE (general lack of enthusiasm) when it comes to Halloween.

It's nice to enjoy the holiday through some creepy halloweenie spirit like so, from afar on the world wide interweb thingy.


Wouldn't you die to eat from these cute cones?










A little felt friend with those foggy zombie-like eyes.  Spooky!
needle felt doll with cat
source:  Lybo on Etsy




some vintage spookiness
Source: google.nl via Chantal on Pinterest


you'd have to have the right property for these.  Aren't they amazing?




HAPPY HALLOWEEN

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails