28 December 2008

I'm too shy to tell you how shy I am




I'm working up the courage to take a huge leap forward with my artwork. That step is to sell it. To let it go. To release it to the world and expose myself to all sorts of criticism, judgement and honesty. To reveal my reasoning, logic, emotions and my soul to the world. Or rather, that small corner of the world who will actually see it. Then I found Gatochy's eloquent expression of how I felt and more importantly, how I need to let go of my magical imaginary friend who will never ever unlock my drawer of creations. If you ever feel shy or can't understand how others may feel when they describe themselves as shy, read this. Go! Now. Read it, dammit.
This January 1st when we ring in the new year what will you resolve to do better or different this year? I've decided to take *Gatochy's* advice and let go of the ideal I have of my wonderful magical friend who will rescue me and unlock my castle doors and release me and my talents to the world. For I have my own Prince Charming who believes in me. I also have my biggest fan, Lady of the Lake, who can offer me no criticism - since she gave me life and sees no harm in calling me an Artist. My newest fan, the little keyholder in my life, *Mila* can unlock my doors. For she can see in behind all those castle walls I have built and erected around myself. She believes in me, the way I believe in my mother. The love that I crave is there. My "knight in shining armour" has been the realization that I can let the fantasy, of the knight taking my canvasses to an art show, go. Thank you *Steve*, *Lady of the Lake*, *Mila* and *Gatochy* (Mariana) for expressing what I need to do...let go. Two Thousand and Nine will be the year I resolve to release myself from my chrysalis and create a new ideal for who I can be, rather than who I can't.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails