17 March 2008

Soup that is not for *Steve*

Last night I dreamt of Michael, a boy who was dead and just 12 years old. He was trapped behind a wall in an old house. Whether or not my dream had anything to do with the Customs House I visited this past week in Hamilton, it was very disturbing and I was glad that the barking dog woke me up at 12:49 am.
I have been married for 6 years and have been using ginger readily in my many recipes. Just yesterday I learned that *Steve* does not like ginger.
Whatever.


Save Bessie Soup

2 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup soya sauce
1/2 cup chopped fennel
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped red pepper

some frozen Asian mix veggies also work well in here with snow peas, baby corn etc.
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ginger (dried)
1 egg
1 handful of rice noodles (wide)
2 green onions chopped


Boil stock, soya sauce, veggies, lemon and spices. Taste. Drop egg in while boiling. Allow to cook. Top off with green onions. Serve.



signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails