28 March 2008

Chocolate is wasting my time

I have had a blog hiatus. Mostly due to visiting with my mom; my niece, nephew, brother, sis-in-law; visiting haunted mansions, etc.; eating Easter chocolate; running miles to burn off the Easter chocolate; eating chocolate covered coffee beans to stay awake to run; running more to burn off the chocolate portion of the chocolate covered coffee beans; showering longer to clean off the stink from running; vegging out after the shower, the running and the chocolate that created this nonsense while eating more chocolate! If you had a picture of that in your mind, good. You can now burn the image of my rear in your mind's eye.
Family Tree Crap: What happens to your land after you're dead and gone?
This is what happens. They cremate people on the fertile soil that you once grew your livelihood on. I just uncovered an old picture, that is a photocopy from one of my creations (not cremations). It lists Pink's Farm - once occupied by my ancestor, William Atwood - is now the site of Kew Crematorium. So, I googled "kew crematorium" and found Mortlake Crematorium. This location makes more than perfect sense in my family tree. I think Kew and Mortlake were probably once the same land. Somewhere though, there was a story told that the family sold land, or donated land to the royal family for the Royal Botanical Gardens of Kew. I guess they just sowed it for a bunch of dead bodies and a furnace.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails