03 March 2008

Gut Busting Recipe Mondays


Trying new things this week, as I think I actually smelled Spring. But I'm not quite sure. It was +10 degrees Celsius today, that's 50 degrees Fahrenheit for our American friends. In fact, it warmed up just enough for *Mila* to spot a bug! She shrieked like a little girl (hey, she is a little girl) and we had to run home from the playground (which was too wet anyhow, so it was a sense of relief for me and the panting dog). What am I going to do with her this summer in NW Ontario? I know for a fact that there is one mosquito for every cell inside of every human body to have ever roamed the planet earth there. It's true. I think that they should film a season of Survivor in Northern Ontario....in the summer. The bugs have driven people insane. Maybe my brother's hockey friend, Survivorman, would consider filming an episode up in my home town? I'm sure they'd entertain him in style up there and my brother would definitely drop him off in the middle of "nowheresville", as it still exists up there. No hum of progress. Just the occasional buzz of a float plane or two at 5 a.m.

Now to Recipe Monday. Since I am making these for *Mila's* birthday on Wednesday, I thought I would share. I'm not sure if this recipe came from the Winnipeg Free Press years ago or what. But it's delicious and deserves to be topped with fudge topping and ice cream! I'd go for the gusto and get something with white chocolate in it if I were you.

White Chocolate Fudge Marble Brownies (I know!)

Fudge:
1 cup semisweet chocolate
1/4 cup butter/margarine
1/4 cup cream
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Brownie:
1 1/2 cup white chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup flour

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Fudge: Melt chocolate and butter in microwave for 90 seconds. Whisk until smooth, cool. In a large bowl, beat cream, egg & vanilla. Beat in chocolate mix.

Brownie: Melt chocolate and butter in microwave. In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs. Beat in cream, vanilla, salt. Beat in flour. Beat in white chocolate. Mix.

Pour 2/3 of brownie mix into pan. Spread fudge over. Then pour in the remaining brownie mix. Swirl with a knife. Bake for 45 minutes.

signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails