30 March 2008

A Simpler Time

A look at some artifacts at the Customs House in Hamilton. We didn't see any ghosts here...or did we? A mysterious janitor appeared out of nowhere. Where did he come from?
Last night we had the pleasure of turning off our lights for one hour (oh and our computers, hence my Saturday delayed blogging). I thought it was going to be fun for *Mila*. It didn't start to get fun until we heard a strange, yet ghastly, noise to indicate that our house is indeed haunted. Despite what *Steve* wants to tell you. I really believed that *Mila* was going to love it. She started to enjoy herself as she marvelled at me playing with hot wax. Yes, bad example, I know. But I love to dip things in hot wax and mold it around. Okay. Enough! I have never heard her complain more about "turn on the lights so I can see". What I did find most remarkable was that our neighbourhood was dim. 90% of our neighbourhood opts not to use their green bins. But, I'm guessing 90% choose to participate in Earth Hour. I wonder if kids were enticed to pledge their hour at school. Boston Pizza, behind our abodes, dimmed their indoor lights and turned off their outdoor lights while they were still open! Good for you Boston Pizza! Some of the other businesses (Canadian Tire being one) chose to be closed and have their lights turn on at around 7:45 pm as the sun went down. Granted it was probably a timer. But, come on! If a restaurant that specializes in late night snacks and meals can shut off their advertisement of a sign glowing of energy-sucking neon, than so can a Tire store that is closed. Just an idea.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails