16 March 2008

IKEA purchase for the week


IKEA. Can I stay away from that place? NO. I was at IKEA a total of 3 times this past week. Scouting mission and lunch, Scouting mission, and bed purchase. We picked up a new bed for *Mila*. I managed to spy a $500 latex mattress on sale there for $179! No kidding. So we scored her a single bed for $69 later that same day and some sheets, mattress cover etc. My brother and family were here, so he and his wife put together *Mila's* bed for her.


The greatest things always come to life at IKEA. I get *Mila* to eat meat in the form of 50 cent hot dogs. I ran into my best friend from high school there that same day this week. Remember, we grew up about a 26 hour drive from this IKEA. I live just 10 minutes away from it now and she lives just an hour's drive from it. Life is funny that way. Our children were born days apart too. Although, mine would have nothing to do with hers. One of those uncooperative poopless days. I swear to God that this child holds it in for 3 days and becomes completely miserable by the third day so that she can save it up to not only plug up my toilet and the city's sewer system, but she also will find a way to destroy a chance meeting with an old friend who has known me my whole life and now has the fortune of meeting my impossibly weirded out kid.


*Steve* decided that we should get *Mila* an Aneboda box to roll under her bed. She happily helped to put it together with her uncle and then filled it up with all sorts of treasures. I have yet to see what she's got going on it yet. I'm sure there will be something that was once considered to be foodstuffs, something that resembles dog hair and a few hundred stuffed animals.


signed, the willow




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails