30 March 2008

Open House mania

Yo!
We drove around today. Looking at open houses. In fact we were the first people at one house. It seemed as though the entire city of Burlington was out looking as well. I hear it has become a bit of a past time for some. Others were selling their homes and looking at "comps" in the neighbourhood. We went to one that was a flip. It was an obvious flip. I really wish that flippers would take care of important details like staging and fixing the crooked floors. We went to an old granny house. Poor old lady was spending her last days in that house and it reeked of illness and 40 years of accumulating junk, including an adult child that read comic books in the basement. Then we found a little gem. It had been reno'd in the right spots. It was full of love and life and on a great little treed street. It screamed "Buy Me!". *Mila* fell in love instantly when she found out it had a crawlspace. But it lacked access to let the dog out into the backyard. Important stuff. What I did discover in this little gem was the nice dreamy kitchen with dreamy features of great IKEA cabinetry. Definitely a must for re-doing a kitchen. Sliding out pantry drawers, a pot drawer. Estate agents know how to sequester women into the kitchens right away. Women buy on emotion, I'm sure of it. You see, I am just dying to pick out a house with my family. One that suits all of us. Because in the two homes we have owned, the first I bought before I met *Steve*. (Yes, he moved in with me and subsequently lost his job 2 months after) Followed by this new home that *Steve* picked out for the three of us while I was visiting my parents. The next year, he picked our car. At least I got to see pictures of the house, unlike the minty green car. Oh well. It will happen for us one day. When the timing is just right. I just hope we don't have to live in "Granny's death trap" or "flip-o-rama".
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails