31 October 2008

"...Um, I am going to be a princess, but don't tell anyone"

I spend one morning a week volunteering in *Mila*'s classroom. I am growing to really love these kids in her class. They are a really nice group and I honestly thought I would be praising the abilities of my daughter and comparing her to her immature counterparts. But no, I am pleasantly surprised with this group. They compliment each other very nicely and they will hopefully form the same class for the next 8 years or more.
The class has been discussing their costumes and I love the stark contrast between the boys and girls at this age. *Mila* and her new girl friends have made their announcements about which princess or Barbie character they will be. "I am going to be a princess, but don't tell anyone", each of the girls told me. Okay, I won't tell anyone, just the entire INTERNET that "Surprise! Yet another 4-year-old girl will be wearing a princess costume." And the boys? Well, one said Spiderman, another was planning on Batman, and the sweetest, youngest and cutest boy in the class? Well, he's going to be "A GUY WITH A BUNCH OF KNIVES AND SWORDS AND STUFF".
Me? I'm going to be Britney Spears buying a trashy magazine from a gas station.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails