21 October 2008

Guilty as Charged


This is *Steve* on the ferry. It has nothing to do with this blog post at all. I just felt like giving him the photo opp.



Why is it that we are quick to pick up the phone when there is a problem with a bill?

No one ever calls Mastercard and says "Thank you so much for sending me my bill on time! And I love the pretty colours you choose to print with your premium ink on my mega-weight paper bill! Yippeee!"

Or, on the flip side, we are quick to give someone a dirty look if they slow down and allow construction workers to finish their job so they don't have to back out of the way of traffic and get the slow-sign-waving-dude over to wave his sign STOP at the cars. Really now, buddy? Did you honestly think for one second that I had a momentary lapse of womanhood and couldn't understand what to do on the road when it was all like gravel and stuff and the yellow lines were all, like, missing and such? Or did you think that I might be trying to save your life in case that backhoe drove over your toe? Gimme some credit, I'm from the bush where the roads are gravel and lines don't exist. But we do actually stop our cars when mighty machines back out into traffic in front of us as a courtesy. Look it up, it is a word of ancient English: pronounced (Cur-ta-see).

sighed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails