30 October 2008

Somedays, I miss you Winnipeg

When it is cold and I have to wear a winter coat, I think about those -40 degree days in Winnipeg. Parking was outdoors. Or if it wasn't, it may as well have been since the walls were open and the elements were welcomed in.

When I think of you, Winnipeg, I think of the times (the many times) that you were the murder capital of Canada.

When I think of you, Winnipeg, I think of the Eatons Building. That you tore down to make a hockey rink. I know, blame the Eaton family.








When I think of you, Winnipeg, I think of the cash that poured in on those garage sales! Whoa Nellie. Nobody spends money on a garage sale, quite like a Winnipegger. And they have them in their garages, they take their cars out of the garage and host them inside the garage! Yes, Toronto, they park their cars in their garages!


When I think of you, Winnipeg, I think of my little cutie house that I once owned and so loved. If you are ever in Winnipeg, please drive by the BDI and tell me if it still is these same colours.


When I think of you, Winnipeg, I think of Icelanders. Yes, Winnipeg, you know what an Icelander is. Someone from Iceland. Like, the World's Strongest Man? Sure! And heck, we're all related, us Vikings, that is.
When I think of you, Winnipeg, I think of the Forks and all the great times we had there. Remember, Winnipeg when *Steve* came down with his horse that day and pretended to have long braids? Good Times Winnipeg, good times.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails