30 July 2009

My Water Friends

In case you were wondering if your summer could get any more depressing, I'm here to tell you that "YES IT CAN~!"

Here is the reason why. It's a documentary called "The Cove" and the dolphins need your help. Please sign this petition endorsed by 'Heroes' Hayden Panettiere. She certainly proves to be a role model, if not a hero. A part of me doesn't want to witness this film. While the other part of me says that this is my passion: saving marine life. I don't know why I didn't study marine biology. I suppose attending a University on the Canadian Prairies played a major role in that decision. Anyhow, so what the filmmakers want you to know is that there is hunt on dolphins. These mammals are slaughtered in a cruel manner and sent to grocery markets in Japan and labeled as whale meat (like that's any better). What can you do? I don't know what we can do, but I can guarantee, we will do something.







If you need a reason to be a vegetarian, this just might be yours. *Steve* sent me this link and I sent him this in return. We reciprocate a lot in our marriage. "Sharkwater" is another film with a similar message. It involves the human 'need' for shark finning. Much the same as removing the tusks of an elephant. Senseless and inhumane.

With a box of tissues near by I can't bear the anger and frustration that this damage causes to our fellow living members of our planet. Please, please, please sign a petition. Write a letter. Do something. One action to save one living thing. The power of the e-signature can be mightier than the spear.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails