10 July 2009

Housepaint Deux

I'm sorry that I saved this for you until it closed, but hey "I'm having a vacation". My vacation is far from Toronto's ROM (that would be the Royal Ontario Museum) and the exhibit I'm exhibiting is "Housepaint 2". Tent City existed in Toronto until 2002 when it's inhabitants were evicted (with no warning). So five talented artists got together and created "houses" constructed of their canvasses which they painted in memory of the Tent City residents.
What does this have to do with my blog? Pretty much nothing as I write about my material wants and needs. But I have a soft spot for someone who has no choice in home. I value the statement that these artists have made and the contribution that the ROM has made to make it possible.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails