12 May 2009

Word to your Mutha!



My day today will start at

5:55 a.m.


I will probably tune into 'Home Heist' with Colin and Justin with the closed captioning on and sweat profusely running 8 km in these:

I will have to wake up the little *Mila* around this time:




Following that I will make *Mila* her breakfast and just before I strip completely to get into the shower, this mutt will insist on going out to briskly burn the grass and bark to be let back in:


After fussing over removing crusts from Wonder Bread and greenery from strawberries, I will have to negotiate outfits with *Mila* in her wonder closet:
Here she will chose a sundress (despite it being only 5 degrees Celsius every morning) and these socks! Note the socks:
I will drop off my girl at school avoiding the left lane on the highway as it will be closed again. Be the only parent to come into the classroom and sing O Canada! I will narrowly escape school and will drive to the grocery store to stock up on raisins, rice crackers and lychee nuts for the playdate we will have later in the park. Don't forget I will have to rush home to water these:
...and these. I will turn them in the same direction each day to participate in the phototropism experiment I am teaching *Mila*, about the mobility of plants.
Next I will probably wake up the sleeping dog and take her for a walk where she will swim in the stagnant section of the creek and drink from every mud puddle. We will have to leash up and avoid the Jeep Cherokee that is driving on the walking trail (WTH???) towards us!
There will be only twenty minutes left to pack a lunch and head back to school to pick up *Mila*. Of course, I will more than likely throw the laundry into the washing machine. But I won't get to actually turning on the machine until 6:30 p.m. Here is the rest of the laundry that I won't get to until the weekend:
This is the skipping rope that will cause turmoil on the playdate and some tears, perhaps a scream or two.
Here is the box that I will label "BROKEN GLASS" for the garbage men that will pick it up next week. I will fill it with a glass that once was filled with water. *Mila* will break a glass filled with water over dinner while she tells a crazy wild story over homemade pizza (homemade dough and all):
This is the toilet I will have to plunge ....
Here is the painting mess I will have to clean up after I finish working. Note the orange hand prints on the right that will eventually wrap themselves around the bathroom tap:
Let's not forget my orange Kenmore friend. I will see her again, as I do every day. She's so faithful:
Some dishes will have to be handwashed. Including this bundt pan although I won't have time to make a bundt cake:
I will have to trip over this cardboard box house that *Mila* made before moving it aside:
Here is the bath that will have 2 microscopic turquoise things floating in it and will result in draining it and result in a shower for *Mila*. The two turquoise things will turn out to be sock fluff from one of the socks featured way back at the beginning:
There will be wet bathing suit bottoms to be picked up after the bath as *Mila* will not want anyone to see her naked:
Let's not forget Suma. She will position herself at the top of the stairs doing her kangaroo imitation for a self-inflicted cervical exam:
This will be the time that *Steve* will come home:
And this is what I will read on the fridge one more time before bed:
There will be a celebration! With lots of games!
And every day, she will love me because I take care of her:
But why do I have to take care of that other kid too?
And that will be my day. Good night.
signed, the willow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails